EPIII Soundtrack

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

dranoel
Site Admin

EPIII Soundtrack

Post by dranoel » Tue May 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Just bought it earlier this evening from Music Junction at Tiong Bahru Plaza. 2 discs in the jewel case: one is the music CD itself, and the 2nd disc is a DVD with video montages from all 6 movies set to John Williams' scores.

Price: $20.90
Comes with free Poster ("Rise Lord Vader")

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Tue May 10, 2005 11:12 pm

How does the soundtrack fare compared to the earlier prequels?

Any new original theme like "Duel of the Fates"?

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Tue May 10, 2005 11:16 pm

Listen to track number 3, called Battle Of The Heroes. Absolutely fantastic! You get excited listening to it...imagine how it will be when it is played together with the final fight sequence between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

I must admit....I only bought it for the DVD but I was pleasantly surprised by the great score, especially with the return of the old Imperial march tune and Vader's music.

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Tue May 10, 2005 11:19 pm

hmmm .... may buy the soundtrack this weekend. probably go to HMV to check it out.. 8)

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Tue May 10, 2005 11:23 pm

have not actually heard the soundtrack yet...
only did a scan through of a couple of the DVD tracks.... which were basically from the earlier movies, but i'm loving it :D

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Tue May 10, 2005 11:31 pm

sanjaystones wrote:
I must admit....I only bought it for the DVD but I was pleasantly surprised by the great score, especially with the return of the old Imperial march tune and Vader's music.
IMHO, John William is probably one of the best movie score composers! Together with London Symphony Orchestra, they make the best movie music! :!:

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Tue May 10, 2005 11:56 pm

Dunno lei... aside from 1 or 2 new tracks, the rest are kinda rehash or subtle versions of the original trilogy.

That's why wondering if it's worth getting the soundtracks. After getting Phantom Menace, was rather disappointed with it except for Duel. :(

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue May 10, 2005 11:59 pm

hbng wrote:
IMHO, John William is probably one of the best movie score composers! Together with London Symphony Orchestra, they make the best movie music! :!:

Oi !!! What do you mean " one of the best.... " Go wash your mouth out, boy ! :wink:

John Williams is without doubt, THE best film composer of all time. Star Wars , E.T , Jaws , Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Schindler's List , Hook , and one of the most beautiful , inspiring, heartrending and underrated film scores of all time, the score for A.I. Artificial Intelligence .... nobody even comes close !

I am absolutely dying to hear the EP3 score, and I am so happy to hear so many positive reviews about it ! One of my greatest fears was that John Williams would have been unable to complete the score for EP3, after all he is nearing 80 years old , and I am relieved that he has not only done it, but he has turned in something that is worthy of this final Star Wars film. I can relax now. Phew ! :lol:

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Wed May 11, 2005 12:06 am

danchia wrote:
Oi !!! What do you mean " one of the best.... " Go wash your mouth out, boy ! :wink:
Ok, ok, John Williams is the best......was trying to avoid flames
danchia wrote: John Williams is without doubt, THE best film composer of all time. Star Wars , E.T , Jaws , Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Schindler's List , Hook , and one of the most beautiful , inspiring, heartrending and underrated film scores of all time, the score for A.I. Artificial Intelligence .... nobody even comes close !
Not to forget Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Superman, some of the most brilliant Olympic fanfares!

All fans of John Williams, raise your hands :!:

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Wed May 11, 2005 12:09 am

:!: Hell yeah! Hopefully he sticks around a while more so he can dish out more great tunes for the upcoming TV series...
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Wed May 11, 2005 12:13 am

If you hear Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, you'll notice a hint of one of SW's tracks in it... 8)

One thing about the prequel soundtracks, William took the original score and refined them further ... the small subtle hints and undertones were polished to perfection.

The original score has the raw power and majestic feel while the newer versions have more complex layers and sophistcation...

The marks of a master in his craft. :D

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed May 11, 2005 12:16 am

Beautifully said, Jedi Kai.

Oh my..... I had all but forgotten about Superman ! That score evokes such amazing images in my mind , and it is one of the most romantic scores of all time.

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Wed May 11, 2005 12:16 am

jedi kai wrote:If you hear Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, you'll notice a hint of one of SW's tracks in it... 8)

One thing about the prequel soundtracks, William took the original score and refined them further ... the small subtle hints and undertones were polished to perfection.

The original score has the raw power and majestic feel while the newer versions have more complex layers and sophistcation...

The marks of a master in his craft. :D
Spoken like a true connoisseur! Fully agreed. If you hear what came out of Duel of the Fates, compared to his past scores, he combined chorus with orchestra, which IIRC, is his first, but yet definitely very powerful

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Wed May 11, 2005 12:22 am

got mine today as well, from popular ... free poster ...

got to hear it once in the car, the dvd was great entertainment with sidious introducing the entire star wars saga and its composition ... :wink:

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Wed May 11, 2005 12:25 am

hbng wrote: Spoken like a true connoisseur! Fully agreed. If you hear what came out of Duel of the Fates, compared to his past scores, he combined chorus with orchestra, which IIRC, is his first, but yet definitely very powerful
hehehe ... thanx.

Still i had hoped to hear a complete soundtrack of totally new tracks to grace the prequels as the time of the republic and jedi order were totally different from the original trilogy.

Something totally new in Phantom, 90% new material in Attack and with Revenge, what William did for the past 2 soundtracks. The flow from the prequel to the original trilogy would then be ... perfect.

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”