CONTINUITY ERRORS in the Star Wars Saga

Moderators: dranoel, adamteo

User avatar
danchia
Site Admin
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm

CONTINUITY ERRORS in the Star Wars Saga

Post by danchia » Mon May 23, 2005 4:57 pm

Unless my memory fails me, Anakin's entire right arm was sliced off by Count Dooku's lightsaber in Attack of the Clones. He did not even have a stump left, correct ?

Why then in Revenge of the Sith does his robotic hand start at the elbow ? The scene where he sits up on his bed, bare-bodied , clearly shows that his right shoulder and upper right arm is intact , down to his elbow.

Did anyone else notice this ? :shock:

jedi kai
moderator
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:44 pm

Post by jedi kai » Mon May 23, 2005 9:08 pm

Yup.

Noticed that too. Gotta do a rerun of AOTC to confirm. 8)

hbng
Site Admin
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:36 am

Post by hbng » Mon May 23, 2005 10:14 pm

jedi kai wrote:Yup.

Noticed that too. Gotta do a rerun of AOTC to confirm. 8)
Ya, I need to do a rerun of AOTC and TPM. Actually, I think it was mid arm, not the whole arm. But I did notice the robotic arm started at the elbow.

User avatar
danchia
Site Admin
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Post by danchia » Mon May 23, 2005 10:45 pm

Eeeeeee....... sallah, sallah !!! My bad ....

I just checked the DVD .... George Lucas was correct .....

Sorry.... I could have sworn that he lost his arm at the shoulder joint ....

Image

Image


Bad, my memory nowadays is..... :oops:
Last edited by danchia on Tue May 24, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanjaystones
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 7:26 pm
Location: boulevard of broken dreams

Post by sanjaystones » Mon May 23, 2005 11:35 pm

It would have been a huge disaster if Lucas was wrong on something as important as this.
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

hbng
Site Admin
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:36 am

Post by hbng » Tue May 24, 2005 12:22 am

sanjaystones wrote:It would have been a huge disaster if Lucas was wrong on something as important as this.
Actually, I think he is wrong. I recall in the EP3, Anakin's robotic arm did start only at the elbow, and not in the pic as seen in Daniel's post :wink:

GunAngel
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:35 pm

Post by GunAngel » Tue May 24, 2005 12:45 pm

Well, the flesh grows back with the structure support of the robotic arm. ep3 visual dictionary is coming out :D
Peace is a lie, there is only passion,
Through passion, I gain strength,
Through strength, I gain power,
Through power, I gain victory,
Through victory, My chains are broken,
The Force shall free me.

User avatar
Gandalf Fett
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:16 am
Contact:

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue May 24, 2005 2:10 pm

This is not the only inconsistency

Tell me if I am wrong but when Luke asked Leia "what do you remember about your mother? Your real mother" and when Leia answers "She died when I was very young." and goes on to describe her mother - isn't that inconsistent with Padme dying at child birth???
Warning - viewer discretion advised
Image

User avatar
danchia
Site Admin
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Post by danchia » Tue May 24, 2005 3:14 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:This is not the only inconsistency

Tell me if I am wrong but when Luke asked Leia "what do you remember about your mother? Your real mother" and when Leia answers "She died when I was very young." and goes on to describe her mother - isn't that inconsistent with Padme dying at child birth???
You are right , Gandalf...

I won't be surprised if Lucas tweaks the old films even more when he releases the 6 film DVD set . Who knows, those lines may very well be gone by then .

What really bugs me is what possessed George Lucas to change the spirit of the old Anakin in EP6 to that featuring Hadyn Christensen. It didn't make sense especially when he did not change the spirit of Obiwan Kenobi to that featuring Ewan McGregor. And where was the spirit of Qui Gon Jin in that scene, for that matter.....

User avatar
Gandalf Fett
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:16 am
Contact:

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue May 24, 2005 3:56 pm

Oh man!! Tell me about it!!! I TOTALLY HATE that in the new Ep 6 scene! So much so that I have watched that DVD a total of one time since I purchased it when it was first released.

My problems with it: 1. why was it Hayden in the first place when everyone else is reflective of the time that they died!

2. Because of Ep III, it seems that this is a jedi trait / skill that has been long lost and not every jedi can do it. Since it was long lost and Obi-Wan and Yoda actually had to train to attain it, why is Anakin able to possess same?

3. When did Anakin ever wear the brown jedi robes? Between the time when he had the short and long hair, he was always cloaked in dark robes!

I am totally sad. In every sense of the word.

:(
Warning - viewer discretion advised
Image

hbng
Site Admin
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:36 am

Post by hbng » Tue May 24, 2005 4:38 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:..... ....why is Anakin able to possess same?

3. When did Anakin ever wear the brown jedi robes? ....
Aiyah, when you spin some stories more than 25 years, and you've got fill in those details now, something is bound to go wrong. :wink:

It's just like when you sneak out of the o______ *(fill in the blanks) just to watch Star Wars, you've got to cook up some stories, and if you're not a pro, you're bound to slip up :twisted:

User avatar
Hovin
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 1:59 pm

Post by Hovin » Wed May 25, 2005 2:22 pm

Only a Sith thinks in absolutes!

I find this statement totally puzzling. From episodes 1 - 3, we see that it is the JEDI who think in absolutes. Look at their code - you can't do x, y, z. Absolute prohibitions. Whilst Palpatine himself says that he has learnt both the light and dark side. The Sith looks as if they live in the grey areas whilst the Jedi exist in Blacks and Whites.

It looks to me that Lucas did not even understand his own Jedi mythology and tried to force a pseudo-political point. :wink:

User avatar
Gandalf Fett
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:16 am
Contact:

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed May 25, 2005 2:51 pm

hbng wrote:Aiyah, when you spin some stories more than 25 years, and you've got fill in those details now, something is bound to go wrong. :wink:

It's just like when you sneak out of the o______ *(fill in the blanks) just to watch Star Wars, you've got to cook up some stories, and if you're not a pro, you're bound to slip up :twisted:
Granted that there may be slip ups but the point here is that this is not a slip up. It was a conscious effort on the part of Lucas to make the change in Episode VI and then explaining it in Episode III. When the change in VI was made, it was made during the production of III so technically, the 25 years time lag shouldn't apply. I think that he is letting the fans down and the lack of effort is actually an insult to the fans. So while I enjoyed Episode III like the next guy, some of these problems are really starting to eat at and get to me.
Warning - viewer discretion advised
Image

User avatar
dranoel
Site Admin
Posts: 2577
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: 501
Contact:

Post by dranoel » Wed May 25, 2005 11:48 pm

danchia wrote: What really bugs me is what possessed George Lucas to change the spirit of the old Anakin in EP6 to that featuring Hadyn Christensen. It didn't make sense especially when he did not change the spirit of Obiwan Kenobi to that featuring Ewan McGregor. And where was the spirit of Qui Gon Jin in that scene, for that matter.....
The absence of Qui-Gon's spirit may still be acceptable, since Luke never met/spoke to him and would have had no idea who he was.

but changing the spirit of Anakin to Hayden.... what's the idea behind that :roll:

Why not go even further (back) and show Jake Lloyd instead :lol:

User avatar
Gandalf Fett
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:16 am
Contact:

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu May 26, 2005 11:55 am

Dranoel wrote: Why not go even further (back) and show Jake Lloyd instead :lol:
ROFL!!!! :lol:

We need to have a ROFL emoticon :lol:
Warning - viewer discretion advised
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”