EP3: Was Anakin created by the Sith?

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Do you think Anakin was created by the Sith?

Yes. Anakin was created by the Sith
63%
No. I don't think so.
38%

Total votes: 8

bobafett81

EP3: Was Anakin created by the Sith?

Post by bobafett81 » Fri May 20, 2005 9:47 am

From TheForce.Net forums:

When Palpatine is telling Anakin the legend of Darth Plageus, he mentions that the old sith lord was able to make life from the midichlorians.

Although it happened long before Anakin was born supposedly, Palpatine also says that he taught his apprentice everything he knew.

I'm wondering if somewhere along the line, Anakin was actually concieved by a Dark Lord manipulating the midichlorians of Shmi Skywalker.

Seeing as how the Sith have a natural "immortality" so to speak, it is plausible that Plageus or Sidious could be Anakins "father."

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat May 21, 2005 4:06 am

this is what i found in the book of making of the revenge of sith( available in borders) which was the inital script for the movie but was taken off for whatever reason GL has in mind....to proof anakin is infact palpatine's son.

Taken from Page 42 of the Making of Revenge of the Sith book, which contains storyline and dialogue from George Lucas' rough draft of the script....

"On Coruscant, PALPATINE completes his seduction of ANAKIN, who at first refuses to go over to the dark side-- until the Chancellor makes a startling confession:"

DARTH SIDIOUS-- "I have waited all these years for you to fulfill your destiny... I arranged for your conception. I used the power of the Force to will the midichlorians to start the cell divisions that created you."

ANAKIN-- "I don't believe you."

DARTH SIDIOUS-- "Ahhh, but you know it's true. When you clear your mind, you will sense the truth. you could almost think of me as your father."

ANAKIN-- "That's impossible!"

DARTH SIDIOUS-- "Nevertheless, you must decide."

Later this dialogue was cut, as you can see if you read on the second column, about halfway down on Page 60. It simply states this there....

My view and explanation

I see the connection as in the lava scene when anakin was badly hurt and burnt, Palpatine upon arrival, has shown a more subtle action to caress anakin's forehead as though like a father nursing his own loved ones. Additionally, for sith nature was brutal which they will go all out to kill their master which what sidious aka palpatine had done to his master, why will he bother a defeated and badly wound anakin when he can easily recruit and train strong apprentice sith like darth maul and count dooku and if he did it before he can do it again without going thru the pain to recruit and gain anakin's trust..additionally, darth sidious too was worried that his fate will be the same like of his master thus he need someone close to him which is blood related somehow to ensure his command and order was obeyed...

Personally, in real life I will still look upon and listen to my father advice sometimes despite i m already grownup and married and this to me is a form of informal obedience and fatefulness within and if anyone disagree with this, u better patching up with ur dad for good. :lol:

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sun May 22, 2005 1:28 am

that's great observation, don.

yes, did find the lava scene rather odd... the way palpatine behaved and approached the mortally wounded Anakin.

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sun May 22, 2005 1:39 am

sounds verily ... hope lucas will reveal more ... :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”