adamteo

Order 66 (Spoilers)

Post by adamteo » Wed May 18, 2005 8:28 pm

Why 66?

Maybe it was 666?

Hmm..

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed May 18, 2005 10:37 pm

what i knew and found out about order 66 are as follows and infact there is an upcoming order from the republic senate that did rebellion against Palpatine.

Order 66 is the directive Palpatine gives to wipe out the Jedi. The Clones turn at this point

Delegation of 2000 is the united Senators and politicians against Palpatine. They are concerned about his powers. This is the start of the Rebellion, before the Empire even takes shape.

As for the questions why clone troopers obey to palpatine

ans: They're trained to work for The Republic, therefore they listen to their Republic superiors. In the case of AOTC (and the very beginning of EP3) this is The Jedi. But once they quell the Separatist threat, Palpatine reveals himself and takes full command. So, as Supreme Chancellor they ultimately must obey him... and the rest is history.
[/b]

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 11:34 pm

donleow wrote:As for the questions why clone troopers obey to palpatine

ans: They're trained to work for The Republic, therefore they listen to their Republic superiors. In the case of AOTC (and the very beginning of EP3) this is The Jedi. .....
If I recall correctly, in AOTC, Obi-wan went to Kamino, and was told that a Jedi (I think, can't recall the name) "ordered" the clones, but the point was, the Jedi was already dead.

I assumed it was Darth Sidious who was the one behind them. Maybe because of that, he was able to "program" into them this special executive order to make them turn.
Last edited by hbng on Wed May 18, 2005 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Wed May 18, 2005 11:44 pm

what was the name of the Sith that Sidious was telling Anakin abt?

Was that Sidious's master?

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 11:53 pm

adamteo wrote:what was the name of the Sith that Sidious was telling Anakin abt?

Found this in http://www.answers.com/topic/darth-sidious

Darth Plagueis

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Thu May 19, 2005 12:02 am

hbng wrote:
donleow wrote:As for the questions why clone troopers obey to palpatine

ans: They're trained to work for The Republic, therefore they listen to their Republic superiors. In the case of AOTC (and the very beginning of EP3) this is The Jedi. .....
If I recall correctly, in AOTC, Obi-wan went to Kamino, and was told that a Jedi (I think, can't recall the name) "ordered" the clones, but the point was, the Jedi was already dead.

I assumed it was Darth Sidious who was the one behind them. Maybe because of that, he was able to "program" into them this special executive order to make them turn.
To what I think, the clones are genetically trained to obey orders given by the person in charge of the republic as they are being "ordered" for the republic. Clones are not droids, therefore not being programmed.

donleow

Post by donleow » Thu May 19, 2005 12:49 am

To what I think, the clones are genetically trained to obey orders given by the person in charge of the republic as they are being "ordered" for the republic. Clones are not droids, therefore not being programmed.
If this is true, then my guess is correct but i assume the order66 was issued later not thru the time of cloning. Since i presume obi wan was the first jedi to received the order and goods from the cloner thus all terms and conditions on the trooper's specification were have been explained to him in advance

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu May 19, 2005 2:10 am

adamteo wrote:what was the name of the Sith that Sidious was telling Anakin abt?

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

Darth Plagueis was indeed his name, and yes, Sidious was his apprentice and the one who killed him .

What I found really interesting about Darth Plagueis was that Sidious told Anakin that Darth Plagueis had learned to control the midichlorians and was able not only to prevent death , which is ultimately why Anakin chose the dark side, but more interestingly, he was able also to use the midichlorians to create life .

Thus, Darth Plagueis could very well have been the one who brought about Anakin's conception and birth , which was why Sidious was so interested in Anakin from the start .... :shock:

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Thu May 19, 2005 10:37 am

danchia wrote:SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

Thus, Darth Plagueis could very well have been the one who brought about Anakin's conception and birth , which was why Sidious was so interested in Anakin from the start .... :shock:
Which was what got me thinking about what a crazy, but great strategist this Sidious is.

It goes back to even before the timeline of EPI, and how Shmi conceived. From then till Anakin turned, that's about a least 20 years? Not forgetting the whole war was also created by him :evil:

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Thu May 19, 2005 9:53 pm

But the question then is....why Shmi? Why choose a slave on Tatooine when you can pick anyone from a trillion beings on Coruscant?
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Thu May 19, 2005 10:15 pm

danchia wrote: Darth Plagueis was indeed his name, and yes, Sidious was his apprentice and the one who killed him .

What I found really interesting about Darth Plagueis was that Sidious told Anakin that Darth Plagueis had learned to control the midichlorians and was able not only to prevent death , which is ultimately why Anakin chose the dark side, but more interestingly, he was able also to use the midichlorians to create life .

this is what i thot as well... unless sidious was talking cock to anakin just to turn him over to the dark side... :lol:

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Fri May 20, 2005 12:08 am

If Anakin was really created by Darth Plagueis, then the question why create a "choosen one" to bring balance to the force?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Fri May 20, 2005 12:34 am

There is only 2 Sith around.

By OT, we know of only 2 surviving powerful Jedi, Yoda and OB1.

Darth Sidious/Palpatine + Darth Vader vs OB1 + Yoda

Isn't that a balance in the Force?

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Fri May 20, 2005 12:43 am

Xavier wrote:If Anakin was really created by Darth Plagueis, then the question why create a "chosen one" to bring balance to the force?
from the Sith perspective.... the "balance" was probably intended to be the elimination of the Jedi, who greatly outnumbered the Sith :?:

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Fri May 20, 2005 3:24 am

Getting complex here... :?

Me also have my suspicion that Anakin was a creation of Sidious' Master.

And definitely, the balance of the force was the need to balance the light and dark side, much like yin and yang. When a powerful yang existed, in the form of Sidious, a yin was created (Anakin) to counter.

Unfortunately, being the master planner, Sidious forsaw the coming of his nemesis and decided to turn Anakin into his weapon. His biggest victory was not in the war but being able to turn his nemesis/maker to his design.

Balance was lost in EP IV to VI.

Since Luke and Leia were in part an extension of Anakin's self, ultimately, Luke managed to get Anakin to come to his senses and finished off Palpatine.

When Palpatine ceased to exist, and Anakin mortally wounded, balance in the force was restored. Anakin was fated to die right from the time he was born. A very tragic character.

So in the end, the prophecy was fulfilled.

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”