Order 66 (Spoilers)

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Post by 2501 » Fri May 20, 2005 4:48 am

eh? lol! if it one really wants a balance to the anything, it has to be like yin and yang, but if the sith is extincted, how will that be possible? :?: :P :?:

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Fri May 20, 2005 6:03 am

As for the questions why clone troopers obey to palpatine

ans: They're trained to work for The Republic, therefore they listen to their Republic superiors. In the case of AOTC (and the very beginning of EP3) this is The Jedi. But once they quell the Separatist threat, Palpatine reveals himself and takes full command. So, as Supreme Chancellor they ultimately must obey him... and the rest is history.
[/b][/quote]

beg to differ.

Remember in Kamino, when the clonists used the superior specimen Janggo for cloning, Janggo requested for no alteration to Boba which he kept for himself as the unique clone and treated him as his son.

As for the rest of the other clones, they are effectively Drones. Something was removed from their brains or personality, and that something will be their ability to make Choices - with that goes the ability to know the difference between right & wrong. So these only follow orders from their master, with no questions asked. In a nutshell, they have no freedom. They are slaves!!
ImageImageImage

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sat May 21, 2005 1:17 am

2501 wrote:eh? lol! if it one really wants a balance to the anything, it has to be like yin and yang, but if the sith is extincted, how will that be possible? :?: :P :?:
Siths aren't the only ones representing the dark side of the force.

Once both central force characters (palpatine & anakin) are gone, the rest are the living force in the universe... much like Dagobah, a planet filled with Force of the dark side.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat May 21, 2005 11:02 am

masterjamous wrote:
Remember in Kamino, when the clonists used the superior specimen Janggo for cloning, Janggo requested for no alteration to Boba which he kept for himself as the unique clone and treated him as his son.

As for the rest of the other clones, they are effectively Drones. Something was removed from their brains or personality, and that something will be their ability to make Choices - with that goes the ability to know the difference between right & wrong. So these only follow orders from their master, with no questions asked. In a nutshell, they have no freedom. They are slaves!!

Good call, masterjamous .... I absolutely agree with you !

I believe they were actually programmed to carry out Code 66 without question once the button was pressed . This would account for why Commander Kody would bother to give Obiwan Kenobi his lightsabre back, only to call for his assassination just seconds later when code 66 was activated....

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sun May 22, 2005 1:24 am

Do see some irony here...

The Jedi didn't suspect a thing when they were betrayed & killed by the clones.
The Emperor didn't suspect a thing when he was betrayed and killed by Vader.

Coincidence or a smart move by GL...

masterjamous

Re: Order 66 (Spoilers)

Post by masterjamous » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:51 pm

adamteo wrote: Why 66?

Maybe it was 666?

Hmm..

Now that I've watched it on DVD again, it just occurred to me that there's possible play of words / numbers.

Revenge of the SITH. If you listened carefully how this word is pronounced you'll realise it sounds like SIXTH
So this is the first 6
And later Palpatine the SITH or Sixth issues the Order 66; so put it altogether clearly suggests 666 => the beast at work.
So it's not MAYBE. It Was 666.

Penny for your thoughts Adam
ImageImageImage

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:13 pm

danchia wrote:This would account for why Commander Kody would bother to give Obiwan Kenobi his lightsabre back, only to call for his assassination just seconds later when code 66 was activated....
Palpatin: "Initiate Order 66"
Kody: "Dang! I wish you'd have told me that before I gave him back his lightsaber..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:27 pm

jedi kai wrote:Getting complex here... :?

Me also have my suspicion that Anakin was a creation of Sidious' Master.

And definitely, the balance of the force was the need to balance the light and dark side, much like yin and yang. When a powerful yang existed, in the form of Sidious, a yin was created (Anakin) to counter.

Unfortunately, being the master planner, Sidious forsaw the coming of his nemesis and decided to turn Anakin into his weapon. His biggest victory was not in the war but being able to turn his nemesis/maker to his design.

Balance was lost in EP IV to VI.

Since Luke and Leia were in part an extension of Anakin's self, ultimately, Luke managed to get Anakin to come to his senses and finished off Palpatine.

When Palpatine ceased to exist, and Anakin mortally wounded, balance in the force was restored. Anakin was fated to die right from the time he was born. A very tragic character.

So in the end, the prophecy was fulfilled.
well said! well said! :wink:

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”